Thursday, June 5, 2008

My little man...

Is graduating from Kindergarten tomorrow! Just 10 short months ago our lives completely changed when Logan started school. We both had to figure out how to be happy being apart for a 3 1/2 hours 5 days a week. Steve and I were extremely encouraging and really talked about school as a fun place, but he had a rough first 5 weeks. The first week he was fine, then he realized this was everyday and he did not want to go. It was so sad, he would try so hard not to cry and put on a brave face when I left. Then when I picked him up he'd cry or I'd hear from the teacher that he had cried during school. I had a hard adjustment period too. So many people asked what I was going to do now that he was in school. I didn't want to do anything except take care of him and keep things the way they were. Change is so hard. Letting go is so hard. But the Lord helped us and we did it. Logan loves school now and made a lot of really nice little friends. I did too, the other Kindergarten moms are great! I found ways to fill my time and eventually enjoyed the freedom. I worked for Steve at the office, ran errands, did my house chores, worked as a secret shopper, helped in Logan's class every Friday and had lots of lunches with friends. It all ended up going by much faster than I thought it would. Tomorrow he and all 26 of his classmates will wear their little cardboard hats and sing 10 songs(one from every month they were in school). Another milestone in his young life.

Now let the summer begin! We have 2 really fun trips planned for July (camping in Yosemite and Florida) a good friend's wedding, Leah's bridal shower (I'll be planning it) Leah's bachelorette party, my parent-in-laws 50th wedding anniversary celebration, MOMS committee planning retreat, VBS week at church, camping with friends ( but they have to get rid of their camp bear first ) and all 3 of our birthdays (I'm turning 30! Yikes!) Add all of that to our regular activities and we're in for a busy, but exciting, summer! What fun things are you doing this summer? I love hearing about every one's vacation plans or entertaining things around town they've found to do.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Rebekah,
I'm so glad that Logan's school year ended up going better than he'd thought that it would! I'm glad that your year ended up good too! I've been really sentimental lately too. My boys are not babies anymore. Jackson's changing so much, so fast. I just want to slam on the brakes & slow things down.

We don't have any fun vacations planned this Summer. That makes me very sad. Marshall & I will both be working a lot this Summer. That's OK, I think that we had a year long vacation at Hume. :)

I'm glad that our boys are growing up together! They're good boys.

Ann-Marie said...

Hooray! You did it! I remember how hard those first weeks were. You've all adjusted remarkably well. I can't wait to see what next year holds!